MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
The Cottages on Mountain Creek, LLC is led by professionals with substantial experience in the Health Care industry. Complete resumes are in the Management Section of this document. These company leaders possess a diverse, synergistic set of skills and have the knowledge, experience and successful track record to effectively manage the company. With a deep understanding of the finances, management and operations in the Healthcare Industry and its many segments, this management team has the vision, talent and business savvy required to effectively execute this business plan and drive the company to profitability and great success.
Carol J. Reynolds, Founder & CEO
Ms. Reynolds possesses over 30 years of experience in the real estate and/or healthcare field. Specific experience includes the analysis of all types of healthcare and senior housing including retirement homes, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, acute-care hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and rehabilitation hospitals. Additional experience includes the analysis of multi-family projects, active adult projects, tax-credit projects (including tax-exempt bond financing and low-income tax credits), and office buildings (including medical office buildings). Analyses include disposition analysis, economic feasibility studies, market and marketability studies and valuation studies (real estate and business). Ms. Reynolds’ experience has also been gained in tax appeal court and bankruptcy court. Ms. Reynolds is a Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), Member of the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (CCIM).
Howard N. Wilson, Chief Operating Officer
In the late 1990s, Mr. Wilson co-founded and served as a corporate officer and director of Lakota Energy, a publicly traded, exploration and production company in the oil and natural gas industry. Later, it was converted into a high technology company named Lakota Technology. Upon successfully exiting this business in early 2000, he co-founded and served as an officer and director of a company providing consulting services to businesses in a wide variety of industries including both publicly traded and private companies (Oil & Natural Gas, Senior Living, Real Estate, Hotels, Resorts, Biotech, Renewable/Alternative Energy and Internet Technology).
Along with his position with The Cottages on Mountain Creek, Mr. Wilson is currently the Country Associate for the US and Canada with Crossway Capital, an Alternative Capital Provider headquartered in Australia with associates around the world. Crossway provides financing solutions ranging from $50 million to $1 billion and higher for companies in the US, Canada, Central America, South America, Asia, and Europe. Prior to this, he worked with a European Private Equity Group offering financing solutions to US companies.
Ed Handy, Clinical Director
Ed has thirty plus years of experience in Behavioral Health; twenty-nine with an Academic Teaching Hospital (Professor Emeritus University of Vermont College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry; Fletcher Allen Health Care Mental Health Psychiatry Service Division). Skill sets include specialty in Community Psychiatry, practice administration, continuum of clinical care coordination (inpatient, outpatient, community), direct clinical service, consultation services on program design/development, budget design/management, supervision (clinical and support staff), systems development, education on ‘active treatment’, and customer service training.
Dr. Terry Sullivan – Dr. Sullivan is active in customer outreach, sales and regulatory affairs associated with Post-Acute care and has extensive experience in all aspects of managed care delivery. Prior to being CMO at COMS Interactive, he served as the VP of Medical Affairs for Golden Living Centers, the fourth largest nursing facility organization in the US. His primary responsibility was to develop an integration care model for the company.
Dr. Sullivan also served as Chief Medical Officer at Humana Senior Products. Additionally, he has worked with Blue Cross Plans and Secure Horizons Medicare Advantage programs. Dr. Sullivan was appointed President of the Colorado Board of Health by former Governor Roy Romer and served as President and Chairman of the Board of the Denver Medical Society. He has held various positions within the Colorado Medical Society.
Trained in Internal Medicine and Public Health, Dr. Sullivan earned both a Bachelor’s Degree and M.D. from Georgetown University. Dr. Sullivan currently serves as Medical Director for several nursing home facilities throughout the county, as well as The Cottages on Mountain Creek, LLC.
- Our Clients
- Our Associates
- Our Investors and Developers
Everything we do as a business revolves around these three equally important groups.
At Province Consulting Group, our top priority
While LodeStar is a recently formed MANAGEMENT, the senior members of LodeStar have over 160 years of combined experience in the senior housing and healthcare industry including real estate, human services (licensed counselors and therapists), legislative experience, valuation and market feasibility studies, finance, development, zoning and operational experience.
Our Team has facilitated start-ups, developed clinical programming, manages assisted living and independent living operations and have successfully received the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission (www.jointcommission.org). Our TEAM members also have over 30 years developing senior housing facilities and communities and has successfully procured senior housing zoning designations. Our TEAM also has experience in Mergers and Acquisitions.
LodeStar was formed due to realization that Management Companies have become scarce for start-ups due to the strong growth and development within the industry over the last five years. Many of our existing clients have lost “Deals” and/or were unable to “Close” on their land acquisition due to Management Company’s inability to respond.
LodeStar is a sister company to Bright Path Program GPS, LLC which provides clinical programming for seniors. Bright Path is a Joint Accredited company with out-come driven and documented programming.
Our seasoned TEAM includes Ed Handy (Clinical Director), Carol Reynolds (COO), Howard Wilson (CEO), Terry Sullivan (Medical Director) and Robert Reynolds (IT Manager), as well as select Architects and Contractors who provide services to our individual Projects.
The following below summarizes our comprehensive Development Team services:
MARKET AND FINANCIAL FEASIBILITY
Market Feasibility – Initial market assessment. The analysis will include a demand model, penetration rates, spending down of assets and an estimate of unit mix and pricing. The market feasibility will also consider the highest and best use of the land.
Financial Feasibility – The financial feasibility analysis will determine at what unit mix and pricing the project is feasible.
- Policy & Procedure development – The Policy and Procedures will be developed according to The Joint Commission format and will also follow state regulations as provided by the Department of Community Health;
- The Procedures will include 11 sections that will be scaled to the operations and toward the individual programming (Table of Contents is provided at the end of the proposal). The procedures book is adaptable and can be easily expanded as the organization grows (included in the above).
- SOP’s, Operation/Clinical services are developed to meet State/Federal standards and Accreditation standards. Operating and Clinical Services address the aging industry and the Federal Governments continued goal for meeting special conditions. The procedures and standards are based on active treatment and quality measures wherein facilities are held accountable and track performance.
- Policies will be adjusted to Medical Bylaws to include neurobehavioral services (memory care and mental health). As a courtesy we will review existing policies and add-in assisted living and memory care (review at no cost).
- Resident Handbook (i.e.; expectations, rights, advocate telephone number, etc.). The resident handbook will be developed to daily operating procedures. In general, state and Joint Commission surveys tend to focus on the Resident Handbook, as opposed to the Policy and Procedures assuming the operations are running smoothly.
- Clinical Schedules (Calendar of Events and Programming) – The daily calendar will be developed based on the following three programs (clinical therapies, adjunct therapies and socialization). Clinical therapies are geared toward the cognitive ability for the different levels of care, as are adjunct therapies and programing. Socialization plays a large part in the care of seniors and is key to assisting seniors in remaining active. All programming is developed to meet quality standards and have specific outcome driven measures.
- Inclusion of ‘Active Treatment’ standards
- Quality Measures
- Evidence based Clinical Program Design — integrated (facility and community)
- Oversight ‘Quality’ Clinical Staff
- Treatment Care Plan Design (with long term and short-term defined objectives)
- Tracking Resident Performance, Progress, Regression etc.
- Inclusion family/care taker in resident programming and planning
- Community Liaison Medical and Mental Health Programs
- Liaison Psychiatric and Medical Care with-in Facilities
- Consultation-Liaison Services within Facilities
- On-site and/or Tele-Psychiatry Psychopharmacology Clinical service
REGULATORY ALL PROGRAMMING IS OUTCOME DRIVEN
Specialty programs are wrapped around dual diagnosis (memory care and mental health) and also include programs for addiction and pain (all of which fall under the Joint Commission). The programs will allow Tanner Hospital to follow a continuum-of-care for senior and/or mental health discharges. The goal is to have a complete continuum-of-care for community based integrated program, as opposed to silo programming.
Province Consulting GroupValues
Above all else, we value People. In following our “People Principle”, we strive to help people in both simple and significantly meaningful ways. We seek opportunities to appropriately acknowledge, thank, praise and reward for positive behavior and performances. We understand that only through our People do we deliver extraordinary care to our Residents.
Our Track Record
We strive to provide a well documented analysis whether for appraisal services, market feasibility studies and/or consulting services. Our clients come first.
- Brand Strategy 80%
- Internet Marketing 60%
- App Development 50%
- Customer Happiness 90%